Sunday, July 10, 2011

chittagong, bangladesh

we arrived saturday morning and were welcomed by Prodip and Shikha Karmakar, along with their daughters Catherine and Katrina. thankfully we got here without any issues, just a lot of jet lag. 
the culture shock has definitely begun to set in. i have realized that it is a lot different traveling internationally with one person rather than an entire team. you are now the object of attention, not the group that you are with. and im not going to lie, it’s tough. it’s tough to feel out of place. but in the midst of it all, it’s exciting. it’s exciting to have nowhere to go but to my Savior. is it hard? unbearably. do i miss my family? more than i thought possible. do i miss the comforts of America? honestly, more than i thought i would. but the thing that’s incredible is that im not going at this alone. i am a child of the almighty comforter, the almighty healer, the almighty protecter. so i will stretch out my hands to Him, as david says in psalm 143, and i will seek Him above all else. 
i cannot wait to see what the Lord does in and through us. the adventure has just begun, and i can honestly say that i am looking to the Lord for strength as it continues. please continue to pray for catherine and i, that we may be a blessing to everyone we come in contact with, that the love of Christ will pour out of us, and that we will be able to adjust to our surroundings.
much love from bangladesh! 

Psalm 143:8-12
Let me hear Your lovingkindness in the morning;
          For I trust in You;
          Teach me the way in which I should walk;
          For to You I lift up my soul.
Deliver me, O LORD, from my enemies;
          I take refuge in You.
Teach me to do Your will,
          For You are my God;
          Let Your good Spirit lead me on level ground.
For the sake of Your name, O LORD, revive me.
          In Your righteousness bring my soul out of trouble.
And in Your lovingkindness, cut off my enemies
          And destroy all those who afflict my soul,
          For I am Your servant.

No comments:

Post a Comment